Saturday, April 12, 2008

St John's - Day Seven

Today is the Italian's last day. He flies home at 5pm. So we planned a snacky lunch of cheese, bread, olives, salad, sardines and smoked salmon - very nice! The bread, made locally, was especially good - we tore into it like wolves! The Italian found a lovely selection of cheeses at Auntie Crae's, including a delicious goat Gouda, some Double Gloucester, and a delicious stinky French one I can't remember the name of...

After lunch, we walked down to the water to take a few photos of the three collaborators:



Before the colleagues headed back to work, my Man, the Italian and I took a walk further out along the Outer Battery Road, to the trail that winds eventually up to Signal Hill.

Here they are posing for their album cover:



It was windy and the sun kept popping in and out from behind the clouds, so it was kind of chilly - but the view was spectacular, and the trail is a delight. Well-maintained, kind of rocky - you can see how it would be completely hazardous in the winter - in fact, there is a sign at the entrance that says it's closed from October through the end of March, and there was snow in parts that made the going a little tricky.

In this photo, you can see the a section of the path where you have to hold on to chains strung along the rock face:



The point furthest away is where we were yesterday - Cape Spear:



I do like to be beside the seaside...



My Man and I are on our own tonight (I think the Professor and the Musican are glad of a break! But we'll see them tomorrow night at the Ship...), and I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner yet....I'm hoping to find time for my daily nap, however. Not sure how I'm going to function once I'm back to my regular routine. Mid-afternoon is a very hard time of day to stay awake through!

No comments: